 Off-Topic / Debate / 3819
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:50:31 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

minor and temporary (i.e. if you wait 5 years to sue over the loss of a
single days work back then, sorry, on the other hand, if 20 years down the
line, science is finally able to identify that the chemical that company X
spilled was the cause of 100 deaths, the officers of company X (at that
time) should be held responsible, the company itself should also be held
responsible).

Ack!  I don't like that.  I'm a strong supporter of the idea of personal
liability, but that ranks as an accident, if I understand you.

We believe (don't we?) that the herb, rosemary is safe, so we dispose of
it willy nilly.  Twenty years from now it turns out that some exotic
organic compound contained in the rosemary stem is carcinogenic, does
that mean that everyone who's composted their rosemary stems is a criminal?

That's very different than trying to sneak barrels of
1,3-methylethylketone into the public compost heap.

Or did I miss something?

Chris