 Off-Topic / Debate / 3781
Re: Swearing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:06:19 GMT

  Guilianni (sp?) made an interesting observation during the whole obscenity
debacle last year when he noted that, had the work slandered a Star of David
or a rendition of Muhammed, it would likely have been reviled as Hate Speech,
followed by public outcry for its removal.

While that is true, it is still wrong. If we were to prohibit things simply
because they offended some group of superstitious primitives or another, there
would be precious few things in the world. Music, technology, freedom of
expression, art and even literature are all preached against by at least one
religion each. Would you have these removed in order to appease those morons?
No. So why remove anything else to appease a different group of lunatics and
madmen who profess belief in, and direct communication with, an invisible giant
in the sky?

--
Mark Rendle
rendle2000@hotmail.com