 Off-Topic / Debate / 374
Re: Frog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 17:06:45 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Richard Dee wrote:
You should eat meat the Arab way, rather, buy Halal meat. One
of the things decreed by Mohammed was that the animal killed
for consumption should die in the quickest, least painful
manner. So, the animals have their throats cut.
That's just the Kosher laws, which Mohammed rebadged and spiffed up.
Modern evidence is starting to show that the throat cutting method,
while very humane by 1000 AD standards, may still cause some pain. not
sure there's a better way, though.

This reminds me of something.  My wife's parents had a small flock of
sheep.  When it came time to slaughter them for market, they hired someone
from the Yellow Pages to do the killing and cleaning.  His method of
execution involved three quick cuts to the throat, to sever the tendons,
windpipe, and jujular very very quickly.  It just occurred to me that he
probably picked up this method to sell his skills to the widest audience
possible, e.g. for kosher and non-kosher groups.

No I have to get the image of doing this to a frog out of my head.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

--
  _