 Off-Topic / Debate / 3688
Re: Libertarian stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:47:56 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote in message ...
Oh, it's hopeless, but not for the reasons you imply.  If Libertarians • (and
I recognize that you've never asserted yourself to be an expert on
Libertarianism) can't plead their case successfully here among • middle-of-the-
roaders, most of whom pay a sizable tax percentage and few if any of whom
receive significant government assistance, how can you realistically expect • to
receive a hearing in the public forum?  I'm a Moderate, and you haven't
convinced me!  Can you really hope to persuade anyone with a more Liberal • view
than mine?

   Your a moderate what?

Further, I know I've never claimed Liberama to be anarchy, and those here
who have claimed it to be have done so in a favorable light by elevating
anarchy to the status of the ultimate in mature anti-govermental society. • So
in that case, you're right:  Liberama is nothing like anarchy.

   Good memory.  And sadly, you (actually Jasper said this first) "aren't
anywhere near ready for it" may be true.

Once again Liberama tries to place the burden of proof on its opposition.
I've read the whole thread from the outset, and it still hasn't convinced
me.

  Not quite, just that none of us have had the time to go back to square -37
(as opposed to square 1 where we tried to begin, but you (1) were already
lost) and bring you up to speed.

    Dave!

1 - in the plural
--