 Off-Topic / Debate / 3603
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:54:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Franks writes:

I'm wasn't saying that you didn't know it was there. Your comment about how if
you saw a homeless child in the street, then you (and most everyone else) • would
take them in, seemed that you had at least forgotten. There will be plenty at
your local city..

Beside the point, really, and I ought to be debugging my example instead of
posting, but mostly when I see the homeless, they're adults. They are the
deranged, the crackheads and mostly, the winos, mixed in with a few people who
fake being homeless, but actually aren't (the "will work for food" sign crowd).
I haven't seen a homeless CHILD in years.

But what point are you trying to make, really? That current systems don't seem
to do a good job of making sure everyone has a place? Stipulated. That America,
although the best country in the world since the ChiComs overran Hong Kong,
isn't perfect? Stipulated. That totalitarian or thuggish regimes produce lots
of homeless? Stipulated. Who are you arguing with? We're all agreed.

What does any of that have to do with the topic, though?

I repeat my assertion on this specific point just as I do for the general:
Things get better as you move in the freedom direction. Africa, the least free
continent per capita on average, has the most refugees per capita, on average.

++lar