 Off-Topic / Debate / 3585
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:44:41 GMT

John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote:
  I posted a message to RTL that said, WTB 4558, 4536, 4547, 4549, 4554,
2150 in boxes or sealed.  Unfortunately, I can't afford them all right now.
Will you buy them for me?  Or am I SOL?!

If having access to Lego provides a better [1] society, than it's probably
something we want to work towards. (Having Lego in schools might be a good
way.) Since I think that universal education is very beneficial, it's
something I think society should be arranged to encourage. I don't actually
care _how_ it happens. If for-profit companies can do a good job, that'd be
great. I'm just extremely skeptical, given their track record.

[1] life-affirming, more just, whatever metric you want