 Off-Topic / Debate / 3537
Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:02:49 GMT

John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote:
So people who smoke crack are bad?  Don't you?  You act like it.

HEY. That is totally uncalled for. There's no reason to be calling me names.
And it makes me respect you a lot less.

But, to answer your question:

Althought may I sound flippant, for which I apologize, I'm totally serious.
People who smoke crack (and they do exist) aren't necessary bad. But they
are necessarily bad parents -- very likely to the point where they won't be
able to work off debts to pay for anything, let alone a kid's education.
That sucks for the kid. What about that situation makes it so he or she
deserves less of a chance than the child of parents who where more
responsible?

and his food).  If he is a good parent, he won't go to jail, or be required
to pay any debt not incurred.

Again, I'm not asking about the parent. I'm asking about the kid. (Although
I do think there are serious issues with how to deal with highly addictive
substances in a libertarian society, that's a seperate issue.)

If you would try to comprehend these ideas rather than acting an obnoxious
buffoon regarding everything that you read, you might do yourself some
good.

More name calling. Geesh.

--
  Have fun!
  John

Hey look. Maybe taking your own advice wouldn't hurt.