 Off-Topic / Debate / 3366
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:23:50 GMT

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
Making it dynamic, and gatewayed to lugnet without Todd's consent is
pretty much impossible.

I disagree technically. It's almost impossible to make something available
to the general public yet block copying it.

But I conceed that there _is_ an essential difference between LUGnet and a
book -- the dynamic interaction you mention, plus the basic fact that there
is a community here. I can make a copy, and keep it constantly updated, but
it still won't be the original. Whereas an electronic copy of a book _is_
the original.