 Off-Topic / Debate / 3235
Re: Swearing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 15:37:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Miller writes:
John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:
It's useful if you are a pervert trying to pass off obscenities as art.

"Pornography!" is a useful label if you're a reactionary who is frightened
by art that might make people think.

  Yikes!  We risk lumping The Ecstasy of Saint Theresa in with Larry Flynt's
latest offerings if we hide behind the "make people think" shield with no
other back-up.

     Dave!