 Off-Topic / Debate / 3052
Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 22:12:00 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote:
Mike,

Mike Stanley wrote:

Pugnacious.  What a great word.  I'm going to find a way to work
that into conversation tomorrow night at the little party we're
throwing.  Thanks. :)

You're welcome. I can't take credit for that word, however. I heard that
on Rush, and looked it up. It describes most flaming leftists, IMHO. It
is fun to see people balk when they hear it, though!

Oh yeah, I know what the word means.  Probably derives originally
from pugno, pugnare, the Latin verb meaning "to fight, punch, etc".
I just don't hear it used much.  :)

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/