 Off-Topic / Debate / 3000
Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 19:57:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

The judge in this case, when it started (Saw it on CNN), had to have the
attorneys demonstrate how to operate and use a computer. And yet he is
supposed to understand the dynamics of this case? I'm sorry, that is a factor
to consider.

IIRC (and I am pretty darn sure I am), he had them demonstrate how a computer
could function/not function with out IE installed.  Again, IIRC, the Microsoft
attorneys couldn't demonstrate conclusively that removing IE had any adverse
effects.  In fact, I think it came out that they were using a rigged computer.

Jeff

P.S.  I believe I read this on CNET's News.com, and I am just relaying what I
know,  I don't want to get involved in the actual debate.  Have Fun!  :)