 Off-Topic / Debate / 283
Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:21:57 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <367D3775.E8CC6DCC@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com>...
Tim Courtney wrote:
However, you missed the point above.  Starr
found things like perjury and tampering with witnesses, not sex.

Didn't say he didn't. But you missed the point too. Clinton (slimeball
that he is) decided to hide his behaviour because if he hadn't he would
have lost the Jones lawsuit. I have no doubt he harassed her, none
whatever. My point, and I'll repeat it more carefully, is that I don't
think:

1. the law against sexual harassement, as currently written, is valid
(1)

True very true, ecspeccialy in California
2. the rulings that force people to testify about affairs, past AND
future (Lewinsky was a future affair), are valid. • Lewinksy I thought happened at the smae time he testified
3. Clinton has any moral courage. If he doesn't believe in that law, he
should come out and say so. If he does believe in that law, he should
have testified honestly.

Clinton has moral courage, I mean who could stand up to 250 million
aemricans and say that"I never inhaled" He denied it simply becuase he
wanted to try and spare Hillary some pain and suffering.

Myself, I would NOT have testified honestly. When asked, I would have
said: "I'm not answering this question because I don't grant your basis
to ask it, and I am prepared to take the contempt charge, which I will
appeal." But that takes courage to do, and he doesn't have any.

Actully clinton couldn't do that, mostly because since it was an accusatory
question he could only take the fifth, and no contempt charge could be
handed out becuase he is the president.

See the distinction? This impeachment isn't about sex, it's about
behaviour to avoid having an unjust law apply to you. He's a coward, he
tries to wiggle out of stuff he doesn't agree with instead of taking a
stand.

The thing is not about sex, but it isn't about what you say it is, it is
about Starr getting more power and a conspiracy(1) I mean who tells there
mom, Mom stick this dress in the back of the closet make sure you never
clean it and oh, well don't think about those stains, then leaves it there
for a year and suddenly it pops up just in time. Not to mention that Starr
actully went outside the bounds of his investigation without approval until
a month after he had circumstantila evidence.

Do you mean no paint on elements, like minifig torso markings, decorated
elements, etc.  Or figures like www.sweet-peas.com?1

No paint or markings unless TLG put them there.

  Does that include the nasty paint on the aqaushark stuff?

3 - >>>>>>   -Lar <Darwin><    :-)

That's another thing that's hard for me to stomach.  There's a debate, • but it
should be kept to email. :)

What?? you find it hard to stomach that someone rejects the creationist
rejection of causality? Tell me more. Or was that not what you meant?

1 - Sexual harrassement is a BAD THING, and we should have something in
place that helps people defend against abuse of power by government
officials. However, I suspect (2) that if we looked carefully at the
common-law body we had in place in 1900, we could find what we need
instead of using this horribly flawed law we have now.

2 - This is congruent to my pollution stance.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.

(1) Yes I said conspiracy, and it was I mean someone saves a dress for a
year, and Paula Jones didn't know why she was invited to a sleazy hotel on
the outskirts of town where several hookers had been busted before.
Matt Marshall
$%#$% Vacuum Cleaners Always get my pieces!!!
Matt's Lego Page
http://rapturesoft.hypermart.net/mlego/