 Off-Topic / Debate / 28297
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:07:39 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
   It may come as a shock, but posting in a public forum invites a response from anyone who reads it, no matter who you reply to.

I disagree. Posting publically invites public readership, but not necessarily public participation. I think only an invitation insures this.

JOHN

I completely disagree with this. By posting in a public forum you are inviting other participants of that forum to your discussion. You can take it to email if you don’t want public responses. To post publically and not expect response is, in my opinion, the height of bad manners, it’s like shouting a conversation in a busy room but demanding everyone else ignores it.

Tim