 Off-Topic / Debate / 28293
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:20:18 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:

   It’s people like you wot cause unrest.

Pot; kettle:-)

Can’t we all just... get along?

Hey, he quoted MP and I used a smiley-- it’s all good in my mind!

JOHN

I quoted....

Well, to much to list, but I’ll start with Mars Attacks...

Yeah, I was wondering if you were reffing something specific, but I couldn’t place it, coupled with the fact that I never saw Mars Attacks...

1 word

Don’t

K, that’s really truncated 2 words, but I digress

It isn’t worth wasting your time. Tim Burton made some great movies, but this ain’t one of ‘em.

Of course, some people really loved the movie--it has a bit of a cult following--much akin, but definitley not in the same stratosphere of Rocky Horror.

Though, to be said, I really disliked Rocky Horror as well. Complete waste of time.

But I’d have to say that thus far, the only movie that I have ever turned off 15 minutes into it and taken back to the video store--Dumb and Dumber. Seriously--I like toilet humour and lowest common denominator laughs as much as the next guy, but that one--I couldn’t suffer through

And I suffered through South Park--bigger, better and uncut--there was around 20 minutes of that movie that had me laughing so hard there were tears in my eyes. The rest of the movie made me sick.

There was a really obscure movie with Harve Villichez (no spelling and I’m too lazy to go to IMDB.com to look him up--you know--Tattoo from Fantasy Island)--my friends and I used to get together for movie night and once in a while we’d rent something unheard of. Well, friend shows up with this one with Tattoo, and a group consensus was to turn that one off after 15 minutes as well--complete dumb.

Dave K