 Off-Topic / Debate / 28235
Re: Technic sidebar thingie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 04:55:39 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter F. Guenther wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Phillips wrote:

   Do you at this point see why your stunt set off a 160+ message debate?

No, Bob’s post started a 160+ message debate. If Bob had chosen to email me instead, or even if Eric had CCed me on his email, the pics would have been reverted, and nobody else would have noticed.

So it’s OK for you to abuse administrative privilege, as long as only one or two people are bothered by it? Especially if one of the two is a person that a significant people on LUGNET feel it’s OK to bully?

I just have to post here to say I agree, strongly, with Chris, and I’m really disgusted by this immaturity. I think this may be my last post on LUGNET. Along with Chris, I’m extremely disappointed by the administrative response on this issue.

Peter

Gimme a break. This is a prank gone wrong, not an abuse of power. Deleting all of a member’s posts, or breaking links in a way that couldn’t be restored, that would be an abuse.

This was actually a little bit funny (and a little mean, I admit). If this one issue makes the difference between you staying or going, then you aren’t much of a member anyway, and you won’t miss LUGNet any more than it will miss you.

Personally, I hope you stay. I’d hate to see anybody leave over anything at all. It’s a big site, there’s something here for everybody. But if you feel like leaving, then go. Come back again when you feel like it, we’ll still be here.

Tim (Smith)