 Off-Topic / Debate / 28171
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 07:39:56 GMT

Dave,

I access your original link, and I get:
Arar to stay on watch list, U.S. says

PAUL KORING AND JEFF SALLOT

From Tuesday's Globe and Mail
WASHINGTON, OTTAWA — Maher Arar should remain on the security watch list
barring him from the United States, the Bush administration says in a
letter released yesterday that bluntly rejects pleas from senior
Canadian cabinet ministers. The letter, written last week, marks the
conclusion of a Canadian-requested review by U.S.

The full text of this article has 591 words.

To continue reading this article, you will need to *purchase this article*.

And it then shows various payment methods.

Sure looks like a pay site to me.

Even if it weren't a pay site, you have to sign up to read, and that's
almost as annoying.

David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl wrote:
Dave,

Please don't waste my time (and other) posting links to a site where you
have to PAY to read the news.

Tom,

I'd never knowingly link to a site that requires paying--I've never done so
before and I still haven't--I don't have to pay for that site, so I can't figure
out why you have to.

I'm sure you could have found the same basic info in a free link to post
here.

I found the free info and posted it.  You know me--I'm a proponent of keeping
things as cheap (or free) as possible.  The tone of your post is confrontational
and I, for one, don't appreciate it.

And just in case you try to say "it doesn't cost much in money or time",
I've heard that before, and it doesn't wash.  If I paid or took the time
to join all the "free" sites to read the news, I couldn't afford the
money to buy, or the time to build, with Lego.

Wouldn't do it.  NEver have and would never do so.  Hey Tom, remember me--Dave?
Wanna turn down the bullying?  I don't know why it prompted you to pay, but it
certainly didn't prompt me.

David Koudys wrote:

And if you leave the US justice system to sort things out regarding this 'war on
terrah', they deport Canadians to Syria

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070123.wxarar23/BNStory/National/home

--
Tom Stangl