 Off-Topic / Debate / 28099
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:01:41 GMT

Gonzales: I meant by that comment that the Constitution doesn't say that every
individual in the United States or every citizen has or is assured the right of
habeas corpus. It doesn't say that. It simply says that the right of habeas
corpus shall not be suspended.

Hmmmm, founding fathers being exclusionary?  The literal text really does say
what Gonzales says it does.

Yeah, I don't get it. Has he seriously not corrected himself yet? It only seems
fair that he be arrested and imprisoned for no reason.

DaveE