 Off-Topic / Debate / 27885
27884  |  27886
Subject:
Kent Hovind -- Criminal Creationist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:23:54 GMT

Anyone who’s endured this forum for long enough may remember a few discussions in which the name Dr. Kent Hovind has appeared. He’s a famous Young-Earth Creationist who has famously posted a challenge to any “evolutionist” who can prove that evolution occurred. Hovind’s standards of proof are so ill-defined and so strict that it would be difficult, using them, to prove to Hovind that he himself exists, much less that a theory describing a complex biological process is correct. Nonetheless, Hovind crows about the fact that no one has yet won the $250,000 prize that he allegedly will award to whoever can provide this evolutionary proof. Interestingly, he has never demonstrated that the $250K actually exists, either.

Anyway, Hovind was recently arrested for failure to pay various taxes, to the tune of some $473,818.

Not that this, in itself, discredits the philosophy of Creationism in particular or of Evangelicals in general, but it’s satisfying to see a career huckster finally having to pay his dues.

Dave!