 Off-Topic / Debate / 27857 (-5)
  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

(...) Presumably you also want to see BL stores go out of business, by placing (URL) huge bogus orders> with them? Or was that just some weird personal vengeance because I don't agree with your views on gun ownership or something???? Please climb (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

(...) The bottom line is that TLG is a business, and they are doing whatever they feel necessary to remain in business. Some bad business decisions? Perhaps, but to blame TLG for not having perfect market vision is a little harsh. TLG is an old (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

(...) I'm sick to death of this equation of manufacturing in poor countries being eqivalent to slavery/evil/whatever. It is quite possible for a company to employ people at a good local income in a country where the cost of living is lower and still (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

(...) The difference, of course, is that the facade of brand-purism would be torn down, and fans would finally have to determine whether they're purists because it's LEGO or because it's made in Enfield. There may be a legitimate issue of quality (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

(...) I wouldn't call the comment stupid. I think it comes from a fan who feels let down and now questions his support of the company that made the decision that led to his disappontment. I feel let down too. I don't want to buy the Lego "brand" by (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact