 Off-Topic / Debate / 27846
  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) It is acknowledging the religious history of this country without necessarily endorsing it. We are a nation of religious people. So what? It's not forcing you to do anything or believe anything. If there is no force or coercion behind the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) Ding! I think I see the problem. It's a mistake to frame this as an issue of whether any person's rights are or are not compromised by the presence of a religious invocation on US currency. Instead, the issue should be identified as the (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)