 Off-Topic / Debate / 27576
Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 06:49:54 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:

   So it’s less about what they actually do than it is about what you believe they might do?

Not “less”. What they are actually doing now is making serious threats and engaging in deliberately provocative behavior. So the question becomes, do we take them at their word, or do we take the chance that they are full of BS?

O take the threats and so-on seriously, but to go to war over them is ia bit over the top. As much as it may pain you to hear it, if you want to justify going to war, then wait until they do an act of war, not just threaten.

Thwart plans, yes. Limit availability of nuclear materials - sure, why not? But invade? That’s a bit drastic.

   It is a dangerous game when the stakes are nuclear confrontation, especially when you are a country that can be effectively exterminated with 1 missile launch.

I think Israel is big enough and ugly anough to look after themselves. Do you really think they are so helpless?