 Off-Topic / Debate / 26886
  Re: Protests too much

(...) Is that actually law in some states? That seems a little over the top. Note that kids in several European countries are "forced" to learn English in school. And I also had to learn French in school, although I remember very little of it now. (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) Not so much law as it is being integrated into the base curriculum in a few states. Mostly southern right now, but if the trend continues.... (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)