 Off-Topic / Debate / 26881
  Condy is some kind of gun nut or something.

(URL) an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," Rice said she came to that view from personal experience. She said her father, a black minister, and his friends armed themselves to defended the black community in Birmingham, Ala., against the White (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Condy is some kind of gun nut or something.

(...) "to defended" Way to proofread, YahooNews. The least they could have done was throw a (sic) in there. Leaving aside your utterly outrageous and scandalous suggestion that the local authorities might not have been entirely trustworthy, I have (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Condy is some kind of gun nut or something.

(...) Hmm. What excuse do white guys have for owning guns? I'm not sure that the state of law enforcement in 1962/3 Alabama justifies gun ownership in 2005… especially given the number of gun thefts and juvenile shootings in the USA. Scott A (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)