 Off-Topic / Debate / 26548
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 03:47:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:

SNIP

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ken Nagel wrote:

There are plenty of non publically owned companies that do not exist to make a profit.

“privately owned”

Privately owned is not the same as non publicly owned. (Though Lego is both non publicly owned and privately owned.)

I’m not sure why I spelled it ‘publically’, though. Must be that speech to text software acting up again. ;-)

   It is owned by people with increasingly less wealth.

“decreasing wealth”

It would seem so. But the question remains: is Lego owned by people with decreasing wealth?

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Thanks for defending the “non Public part” As for “increasingly less wealth” it was exactly choosen to make the point. Lego has been loosing money for years and the family/owners have been increasingly worried about maintaining the status quo.-Ken

P.S. Thank good there’s no speling poliec.