 Off-Topic / Debate / 26533
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:54:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ken Nagel wrote:

<snip>

Good to know you know what I know and want but as I see it you can't seperatet a
decision this poor, that has angered so many from the fact that they are
failing.

SNIP

Ken

TLC's failings are directly related to this issue?  TO their 'poor decision
making?'

Nothing to do with the fact that the competitors are consitently making a poorer
quality product and therefore able to sell it cheaper, that they can get their
pieces made in China and have little to no 'moral integrity' to 'do the right
thing'.  Competitors, mind you, that sometimes even blatantly rip off the exact
set (a la ones from China) and TLC has to spend enormous resouces taking these
companies to court. Yep, nothing like that would affect TLC's financial bottom
line.

Seriously, you keep mentioning these 'many'.  I'll likewise mention that the
'many' that I chat with about our chosen hobby are all optimistic about hte
direction of TLC, that these past few years have been wonderful for the variety
of sets and such, and one of the few things that is even discussed as a
legitimate issue is the colour change, but they're content to live with that if
TLC doesn't change back--they voiced their arguement against he colour change in
the best manner that they could and left it up to the purview of the LEGO execs.

We cannot be the hair on the tail wagging the dog.

And the 'many' I know trumps, in my opinion, the many you know for mine seem to
take into consideration all sides of the issue, and know when to leave things
alone (unlike me, obviously).

Dave K
-my moral integrity is still intact--hows yours doing?