 Off-Topic / Debate / 26476
    From the New Republic: A Argument for a New Liberalism —Larry Pieniazek
   Being against the war in Iraq does NOT mean being for Totalitarian Islam. Or, why Kerry lost and why Michael Moore is still a weenie... From The New Republic, specifically here: "A Fighting Faith (AN ARGUMENT FOR A NEW LIBERALISM.) by Peter Beinart (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: From the New Republic: A Argument for a New Liberalism —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) If the argument is that all liberals have no validity because of Michael Moore, and therefore Kerry lost, why then hasn't every conservative lost because of the Big Fat Lying Drug-Addict? :-) -->Bruce<-- League of Green-Eyed Devil's Advocates (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: From the New Republic: A Argument for a New Liberalism —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I can't speak to that question. It's not the argument I've made and I do not think that it's the argument that Peter (the New Republic editor) made either. I think rather he's making the argument to his own brethren that they are missing the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: From the New Republic: A Argument for a New Liberalism —Scott Arthur
    As an outsider looking in, it appears to me that if the "Liberals" what power all they have to do is shout about god a bit and bash gays a little. It is that simple! ;) Scott A (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)