 Off-Topic / Debate / 26111
    Re: A question for my Canadian pals —David Koudys
   (...) At what point do you put your libertarian ideals aside? I mean you do pay taxes, and those taxes are used for infrastructure and for protection. Some of your tax money goes to roads, most of which you will never use, but that's okay, 'cause (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: A question for my Canadian pals —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) What follows is all plowed ground... The above presents a false dichotomy in my view. It suggests that either those that are unlucky suffer, or else government has to transfer income (fundamentally, at the point of a gun, since taxation is not (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)