 Off-Topic / Debate / 26058
    'pack, crack and pair.' —Scott Arthur
   Is (URL) this> democracy? "A major reason legislative elections are becoming a charade is that the parties that control the redistricting process now routinely follow the dictum of 'pack, crack and pair.' They pack voters from the other party into a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: 'pack, crack and pair.' —Ross Crawford
   (...) Well, our government regularly (URL) changes our electoral boundaries>, and uses lots of statistics to tell us why it needs to be done. But I'm sure they have other stats they don't show us, which they use to work out the details... Lies, lies (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)