 Off-Topic / Debate / 25942
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:24:54 GMT

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message

You'd think so, but it's not completely true.  Left-handers get left • alone, but
ambidextrous people might not.  I have a friend who's about 30 right now, • and he
once told me that when he was growing up he could write equally well with • either
hand (and usually wrote with whichever hand was most conveniently able to • grab a
writing utensil, IIRC), but his teacher kept chiding him for writing with • the
"wrong hand" when she caught him using his left, until eventually she'd • trained
it out of him.  Now he can only write with his right hand.

I can only write with my left hand.. and only use a scissor with my right. I
use tools with both hands. (Screwdriver, hammer, saw, etc).
(The scissor-thing is probably because I had to use righthanded scissors in
scool)

I play tabletennis with my left.. and ordinary tennis with my right.
Badminton with my right. I can only kick and throw a ball with my right
hand/foot. When I started to play tabletennis I used to swap hands depending
on the game, but I decided to use and develop my left hand.

My conclusion is that I use my left hand when I need more precision and my
right when i need more strength.

BTW, I am hetero. =)
/J