 Off-Topic / Debate / 24810
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:27:03 GMT

   Yowza! Is that correct? I know someone who has dual US and Irish citizenship, and she’d be surprised to learn this tidbit. Not that I’m refuting it; I just never heard it before.

I’m not willing to do the research, though I’ll shoot off an email to my friend, to support my understanding, but as I understand it, the official stance is something like “Well, if you’re a citizen of that other nation, you must not be a citizen of the US...here, let me help you clear up the paperwork.” But it has traditionally been rarely enforced. I’ll get back to you when I hear more.

Chris