 Off-Topic / Debate / 24703
Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 21:06:59 GMT

If we woke up tomorrow and found an impenetrable barrier around each country
such that no physical object could pass through from one country to another
(lets not get into semantics about wind, polution, et al) which countries would
decay into 'stone agism' immediately and which countries could probably make a
good go of it?

Can information penetrate this barrier? In that case pretty much any country
with a sufficient(1) technology and manufacturing base should be OK (even if
they're a net importer of food and raw materials now)

1 - I suspect defining "sufficient" is the crux of your question. I'd say all of
the G8 are probably fine, at least.