 Off-Topic / Debate / 24427
Re: Gay Marriage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:20:13 GMT

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
news:HzMHDG.1E6q@lugnet.com...
This issue is going to split the Episcopalian Church in half.

Yeah, the timeless Episcopalian (Anglican) Church is under threat!  I • mean, wow,
I don't think the question of marriage and its "debasement" has ever • caused a
religious schism like this...

**cough cough** **Henry VIII** **cough**

Yea, anyone who is at least nominally a Christian who isn't Catholic has no
business worrying about splitting churches. If this issue will split the
Episcopal Church, it is because enough Episcopalians feel differently about
their core religious values, and are unable to go to church under one roof.
Suppressing the issue won't solve that problem. Personally, I think it's
healthy for churches (or any organization for that matter) to split when
differences become too great (and that includes marriages too).

Frank