 Off-Topic / Debate / 24382
Re: Gay Marriage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:58:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote: As long as no one is being harmed, they should go for it. The
   real, and obvious, answer is that marriage is a social institution that should have no role in government whatsoever. Any benefits that married people receive over the non-married are abomination. Once marriage is removed entirely from law, people can be free to associate through contract in whatever arrangement they want. Or to not do so and just live. Whatever. As long as no one is being harmed (as they are now through their relegation to second-class citizenship) then I don’t care.

I just knew there was someone out there who thought exactly the same as I did... well put, Chris!

Pedro