 Off-Topic / Debate / 23838
  Re: 18 children among dozens dead in Iraq car bombings

(...) Well, what is democracy anyway? Even if USA had been located in Europe, it wouldn't even qualify to join the EU. Death penalty isn't worthy a democracy according to our standards. Don't know if it's an urban legend, but I've heard that in some (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The use of the death penalty against child offenders.

(...) (URL) Key quote>: The use of the death penalty against child offenders – people under 18 at the time of the crime – is clearly prohibited under international law, yet a handful of countries persist with child executions. Since January 1990 (...) (20 years ago, 24-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)