 Off-Topic / Debate / 23700
23699  |  23701
Subject:
Now we're handcuffing 9 year olds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:51:53 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/04/09/girl.handcuffed.ap/index.html

Gotta watch out for them dangerous criminals, after all, they might be in
danger of gaining sympathy when they start to cry.

What on earth is our world coming to? Back when I was growing up, this kind
of incident probably wouldn't have even involved the police. If it was a
repeat offender, they might have shown up and had a talk with the kid and
parents.

I wonder what they'll do with her confession? The article doesn't mention if
her parents or a lawyer were present.

Frank