 Off-Topic / Debate / 23455
  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Oh. Yeah, I guess it's pretty clear: Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California. Well, in that case, I applaud Mayor Newsom for defying a bogus, descriminatory law! (...) Hmm. "Civil Right to marry" might have (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Here is his justification: (URL) I find this so disingenuous! "Pursuant to my sworn duty to uphold the California Constitution, including specifically its equal protection clause..." What about the rest of the CA Constitution? Upholding all of (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)