 Off-Topic / Debate / 23243
  Re: Skin (was: Re: Once again, etc.)

(...) Why do you draw the line at 2 people? And for that matter, why not allow 6 year olds to marry if they decide to. Like I said, the law is never going to be perfect. I just don't see how the proposed modifications to current marriage laws make (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Skin (was: Re: Once again, etc.)

(...) Marriage is also a formal statement of interpersonal committment, and the legal recognition of marriage entitles the spouse to benefits and responsibilities not available to non-spouses. (...) No need for that; many same-sex couples already (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)