 Off-Topic / Debate / 22445
WW III: The Information War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 04:22:52 GMT

I thought y’all could use an update...

Wilson adds ammo to hit war credibility gap

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/031020/whispers/20whisplead.htm

edit: more importantly:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/whispers/documents/truth_1.pdf
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/whispers/documents/truth_2.pdf
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/whispers/documents/truth_3.pdf
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/whispers/documents/truth_4.pdf
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/whispers/documents/truth_5.pdf
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/whispers/documents/truth_6.pdf

Gee, who do these guys work for?

The Rendon Group
http://www.rendon.com/rendon/layout7/wel.htm

EmpowerPeace
http://www.empowerpeace.com/pages/home.html

“Empower Peace was born from the genesis of a program The Rendon Group, Inc. (TRG) created and produced in 2000 involving the participation of youth from Belfast, Northern Ireland, Johannesburg, South Africa, and Boston, Massachusetts. TRG connected youth from these diverse countries utilizing satellite technology and the result was a moving, educational and enriching cultural exchange.”

Do you get it? It’s all a web of lies and misrepresentations. The White House hires a PR group to do it’s weird dirty work while the press lingers over stories because the White House is busy spreading multiple possible truths on each story -- and, of course, securing plausible deniability for themselves in the process.

Planned disagreement -- stuff like this:

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/opinion/13_10_03_b.asp

The Bush administration works hard to obscure the inner workings of its foreign policy team. But Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld’s snippy comments last week about a new Iraq initiative by his colleague, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, suggest some of the tensions that lie beneath the surface. Rumsfeld, a man for whom the expression “short fuse” might have been invented, complained in an interview Tuesday with four European news organizations that he had not been consulted about the creation of an Iraq Stabilization Group that will be chaired by Rice. When a German reporter pressed him, Rumsfeld snapped: “I said I don’t know. Isn’t that clear? You don’t understand English?” Rumsfeld, Rice and various administration press wranglers have been scrambling ever since to pretend that everything is chummy with Rummy. But the truth is that there is more debate and disagreement behind the scenes than the administration’s public “happy talk” would suggest. That’s all to the good, in my view: A more vigorous debate earlier might have prevented some of the administration’s mistakes.

Right! These guys are not as thick as thieves? That’s what we’re supposed to believe? Gee, Rummy -- it’s not that he didn’t understand you but that he disbelieved you. Is that why you were angry? Don’t hold your breath waiting for that Oscar nomination...

Vigorous debate? Is that writer completely high or what?

I really wish I were just crazy, but as the govt. basically becomes the customer liaison for the multi-nationals it really is ALL ABOUT MARKETING!

Here’s another one for y’all...

New Pentagon office to spearhead information war

http://cnn.usnews.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&expire=-1&urlID=2189673&fb=Y&partnerID=2004

“Under law, the Pentagon operation can only work outside the United States. Sources said that it may involve targeting international media but not U.S. media outlets.”

Gravy.

But can someone explain to me how they maintain absolute separation of information between what is disseminated internationally versus what is known only nationally? I mean, I read the BBC news online.

Further...

Can someone explain to me what precisely The Rendon Group is doing for the White House “in country”?

Just as I thought...

This isn’t even new, BTW...

The Pentagon’s Information Warrior: Rendon to the Rescue
http://www.prwatch.org/prwissues/2001Q4/rendon.html

Rendon Group
http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Rendon_Group

Propaganda, the Pentagon, and the Rendon Group
http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=12514

Who’re you going to believe -- the White House or your purple friend Hop-Frog?

-- Hop-Frog