 Off-Topic / Debate / 22290
Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:35:12 GMT

   Our God is not the same God of people who murder women and children in His name. If you call that close-minded, so be it.

Have you EVER EVEN READ the HOLY BIBLE, John? I’m just going to cut and paste biblical cites from previous posts in this forum. I mean, why waste too much time on the usual John Neal foolishness?

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=12591

Sadly, many faiths do suborn the use of violence to an almost epic scale -- chech out “Joshua” (a.k.a. “The Book of the Conquest”) in the Old Testament (if you are Christian/Catholic), or The Tanakh (if you are Jewish):

...of Jericho...
6:21
And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

...skipping a bit...

10:30
And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho.

10:31
And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all Israel with him, unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it:

10:32
And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah.

10:33
Then Horam king of Gezer came up to help Lachish; and Joshua smote him and his people, until he had left him none remaining.

10:34
And from Lachish Joshua passed unto Eglon, and all Israel with him; and they encamped against it, and fought against it:

10:35
And they took it on that day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day, according to all that he had done to Lachish.

10:36
And Joshua went up from Eglon, and all Israel with him, unto Hebron; and they fought against it:

10:37
And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining, according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein.

10:38
And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, to Debir; and fought against it:

10:39
And he took it, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof; and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining: as he had done to Hebron, so he did to Debir, and to the king thereof; as he had done also to Libnah, and to her king.

10:40
So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded.

10:41
And Joshua smote them from Kadeshbarnea even unto Gaza, and all the country of Goshen, even unto Gibeon.

10:42
And all these kings and their land did Joshua take at one time, because the LORD God of Israel fought for Israel.

10:43
And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, unto the camp to Gilgal.

-- these quotes are from the King James Version of the bible: http://www.cforc.com/kjv/Joshua/index.html

You claimed: “Our God is not the same God of people who murder women and children in His name.” To which I call BS: your god is PRECISELY a God that calls for the murder of women and children in His name. Check the quotes, genius!

The rest of what you wrote also showed numerous factual errors -- not that I mean the bible is based on fact, but that it would be a factual error to claim that the God of the Old and New Testament is not a champion of slaying women, children, and animals. The God of the ancient Tribes of Israel was practically the neutron bomb of the ancient world! I repeat:

“So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded.”

...all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded.

Yeah, that’s nice...

All you do is spin, spin, spin -- without any regard for prior understanding. I’m calling you out, right now, as the single person least able to make a coherent, meaningful statement that I have ever known in ANY context. Stop lying about things you either don’t know enough about (e.g. your own Xtian faith), or refuse to admit to your conscious mind (e.g. the appalling history in blood behind your Xtian faith). Just stop.

You routinely show yourself to be both a bigot and a complete ignoramus. Those could be taken as baseless insults by almost any other person, but in your case I think I can mount sufficient evidence from your own statements in this very forum to show that my claim is demonstrably true.

-- Hop-Frog