 Off-Topic / Debate / 2222
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:20:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Simon Robinson writes:
In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

It is really shocking how Americans do nothing but complain about their
ridiculously cheap prices, not realising that:
1.the rest of the world pays twice, if not more, than you do.
2.the rest of the world pays twice, if not more, than you do, probably
        to subsidise the ridiculously cheap prices that you complain
        about being too expensive.
</rant at no one in particular>

<snip>

All I can say is that despite how nice Europe is, I could never live in
Europe. Everything is just too expensive compared to the US. For example, I
paid US$X for my car. It the UK, the car cost £X, and thats a big difference.
And then there is the fact the car was made in the UK. Though I do understand
that car prices in the UK are much higher than the rest in Europe, though they
are still much more than the US.