 Off-Topic / Debate / 22191
    Re: Intellectual Property Question —Richard Marchetti
   Welcome to 20 minutes into the future, people. Copyrights are dead. Patents are dead. IP is dead. Digital means infinitely reproducible. And as William Gibson has observed: "the street has its own uses for things." It's not a matter of what is right (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Intellectual Property Question —Frank Filz
   (...) I kind of agree with this. The question is how will the world proceed? What new mechanisms will arise to encourage artists to produce? I see a slight potential of a period of time where the availability of new art plummets. Another question is (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Intellectual Property Question —Richard Marchetti
   Yeah, those are all good questions... Capitalism is dead too, though. I have given it long and serious thought and there's a very good reason that Roddenberry never really investigated the economy of the future in Star Trek -- the main thing is that (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Intellectual Property Question —Scott Arthur
   (...) Richard: use Bush’s tax cut to buy shares in these companies and live on the dividend. When you spend the income, your unemployed countrymen will get jobs flipping ‘burgers (say) for you! Have you never heard of “trickle-down-economics”?! (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Intellectual Property Question —Dave Schuler
   (...) Bill Maher has rightly identified trickle-down-economics as the rich saying to the poor "We're pissing on you." (...) Robert Reich, who, as a Clinton cabinet member, will no doubt be demonized by Dubya apologists, had some interesting (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)