 Off-Topic / Debate / 22170
    Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong... —Frank Filz
   (...) You know, I just don't think many people really think about the implications of 1775 (which is actually far more relevant to this debate than 1776, by 1776 the whole thing was well under way). How many people have thought about the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Democratic? (was: Sticking my gun ...) —Ross Crawford
   (...) However the party system stuffs all that up by forcing members to vote "along party lines" instead of how their constituents want them to vote (except in conscience votes, which don't happen often in parliament). Note that I'm referring to (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)