 Off-Topic / Debate / 22169
    Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong... —David Koudys
   (...) Wasn't it a massive insurrection against a tyranny? Didn't the newly started country raise a rather large army to ward off the Brits? Wasn't it, then, really, an army against an army? Whether you Yanks partook in gurrilla warfare in the woods (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong... —Frank Filz
   (...) True, but it didn't start that way. And if the farmers in 1775 had quietly rolled over and turned in their guns, the army of 1776 would not have been able to be raised. Here's a pretty good short account of the day: (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)