 Off-Topic / Debate / 22091
Re: And now for something completely different...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:39:40 GMT

How do you sleep?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/09/16/sleep.personality.reut/index.html

"
"We are all aware of our body language when we are awake but this is the first
time we have been able to see what our subconscious says about us," he said.

Crouched in the fetal position is the most popular sleep pattern and favored by
51 percent of women, according to the results of the study he conducted for a
large hotel group.

Fetal sleepers tend to be shy and sensitive while people who assume the soldier
position, flat on their back with arms at their sides, are quiet and reserved.

Sleeping on one's side with legs outstretched and arms down in what Idzikowski
refers to as the log, indicates a social, easy-going personality. But if the
arms are outstretched, the person tends to be more suspicious.

The freefall, flat on the tummy with the hands at the sides of the head, is the
most unusual position. Only 6.5 percent of people prefer it and they are usually
brash and gregarious.

Unassuming, good listeners usually adopt the starfish position -- on the back
with outstretched arms and legs.

"

I didn't think I was shy and sensitive.

Dave K

Drat - You beat me to this!  I rarely visit offtopic.debate but I saw this
article and had to post about it.

I am a free fall - but I am only occasionally brash and gregarious.
Occasionally I sleep on my side with outstretched arms - so I am suspicious ;)
You have been warned!

Ben