 Off-Topic / Debate / 21499
  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) Hawaii was a US territory during WWII, just like Puerto Rico is now. Unlike Puerto Rico, Hawaii had been seeking to become a State back in 1903, with Congress finally giving full consideration to the issue in the 1930's, well before WWII (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote: -snip- (...) -snip- Um... Torres Strait Islanders being denied Australian Citizenship? I don't think that is the case... or are you meaning those from the coastal area of PNG (who are not Australian (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote: <snip some good stuff that I didn't know--good geography and history lesson there> (...) Well isn't that the American Dream--get rich quick? Everything is a lawsuit these days--how much is a life (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) Thanks for the info, I greatly appreciate it. (...) Hence my doubt regading this one: colony refers to settlement, or pure governance? I'll go with the first, in order to restrict the options. (...) You said nothing about independant nations (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)