 Off-Topic / Debate / 21456
Re: Supreme Court strikes down anti sodomy laws
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:50:57 GMT

   “Thomas wrote separately to say that while he considered the Texas law at issue ‘uncommonly silly,” he could not agree to strike it down because he found no general right to privacy in the Constitution.”

How grotesque. The nightmare of the Anti-Federalists come to life: that which is not stated explicitly is therefore not a right. Ergo, the 9th Amendment is not worth even the words with which it is stated.

Scalia used to impress me with his stricter Constitutional readings, but lately he just seems like a right-wing, Republican apologist.

I’m disgusted by the way these guys tried to look socially liberal while simultaneously shooting down the very reason social liberality is possible.

-- Hop-Frog