 Off-Topic / Debate / 21240
Re: 'Cause, you know in divisive times such as these...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:36:09 GMT

It's good to know that Republicans are working at restoring faith in the various
US institutions....

"
The Republican majority in the US Congress has rejected calls for a formal
investigation into whether the government misread or inflated threats posed by
Iraq before going to war.
They said any such inquiry could harm the intelligence agencies, and that the
routine oversight work of the Intelligence and Armed Services committees would
be enough to evaluate the Iraqi threat.
"

LOL

"Such an inquiry could harm the intelligence agencies"?  As if the questions
about escalating and doctoring evidence by upper levels of gov't so that Dubya
could have his little war isn't harming these agencies...

Doesn't count. The party in power wants to keep the power, and the Republicans
are pretty adept at doing that, now by wrapping the flag in whatever argument
they need to win. Wars are good for that:(

Stop with the Nixonish cover-ups.  Let the investigation go unfettered--if
nothing is found, then we all go our merry way, and I'll say, "Well gee, I was
wrong about Dubya all this time."

You'e not wrong. And the party and Administration will do whatever they can to
make sure you don't find out.

However, finagle, slow down, obfuscate, restrict, and otherwise interfere with
the investigation, and it's the same ol' horsefeathers that Dubya et. al have
been telling us since day one, and it's WaterGate all over again...

For the love of freedom and democracy, will you guys learn?!?

Power corrupts, it does not educate.

Joe Meno

Dave K