 Off-Topic / Debate / 21135
  "Terrorism" is just a scapegoat.

I was discussing the whole gun control thing with someone today. That person made a comment along the lines of, "what good will small arms do against a modern military." My reply was, "I don't know ask the PLO, IRA, Veit-Cong, or any other group (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "Terrorism" is just a scapegoat.

(...) Pretty good thinking I'd say. Ashcroft scares me more than ever. Add to that all the other people latching on to terrorism for their own pet causes.... SUVs enable terrorism. Using drugs enables terrorism. Supporting the war on drugs enables (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "Terrorism" is just a scapegoat.

(...) Agreed. Over here (URL) I wrote some stuff relating to this issue. Best part: "There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve, then, that on this (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)