 Off-Topic / Debate / 2113
Re: History as hearsay (was Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 03:30:55 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

         <FHq5L0.7nI@lugnet.com> <37D64FD8.BBF4EB4B@voyager.net>

Where is this coming from? I seem to cause it to appear in some of my
posts... not that I want to. Only some. I have html turned OFF in NS
posting settings, or so I thought. :-)

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I'm reading it... Not sure where it is going, but I will say this.
Morals are relative only to the extent that some are better than others.
I hold any morality that says it is OK to violate rights as inferior to
one that does not.

But what good is moral superiority?  When push comes to shove and you
can survive or be moral, what do you do?  Do you steal to stay alive?
Do you steal to feed your kids?  Do you kill and eat people?

I can say that I won't. But you're right. Push hasn't come to shove for
me, has it? So all I can make is idle claims.

These
moral discussions are great for normal life in our enlightened society,
but morality is something you can only afford while times are good.
Agree?  Disagree?

Disagree. I think you need to be moral when times are hard as well. I
won't claim to be perfect so I won't claim that I will always do the
right thing. I haven't been tested. But I feel I SHOULD die first rather
than steal from another.

lugnet.