 Off-Topic / Debate / 20833
20832  |  20834
Subject:
Look, Ma -- No Arms, No Legs...!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 04:50:23 GMT

“Frustrated, U.S. Arms Team to Leave Iraq:
Task Force Unable To Find Any Weapons”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40212-2003May10.html

BAGHDAD -- The group directing all known U.S. search efforts for weapons of
mass destruction in Iraq is winding down operations without finding proof
that President Saddam Hussein kept clandestine stocks of outlawed arms,
according to participants.

The 75th Exploitation Task Force, as the group is formally known, has been
described from the start as the principal arm of the U.S. plan to discover
and display forbidden Iraqi weapons. The group's departure, expected next
month, marks a milestone in frustration for a major declared objective of
the war.

[Edit: Justify my love, Shrub.  Pretty please?]

--------------------------------

“Iraq weapons proof 'will be found'”
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3009627.stm

Air Marshal Burridge said he would not characterise Iraq's difficulties as
"huge problems".

He said: "They are difficult, but the military campaign was, by military
standards, a stunning success.

"We managed to preserve the treasure-house of Iraq, in the shape of their oil.”

[Edit: I bet he wants a second chance at THAT soundbite. Smooth move,
Ex-Lax! Reduce the world’s most ancient civilization to a mere commodity
useful to the West.]

--------------------------------

“Bush Shakes Up Iraq Administration:
Bodine and Garner Recalled to U.S. in Effort to Speed Reconstruction”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40210-2003May10.html

Americans involved in the reconstruction effort said the departures of
Bodine, Garner and other top officials likely would further roil what has
been a chaotic and ill-prepared operation, depriving it of continuity and
potentially delaying some programs as new leaders familiarize themselves
with the operation.

[Edit: What? No managerial skills, Shrub? Daddy will be so disappointed --
but then, wasn’t he always?]

-- Hop-Frog